Have you ever wondered why there are certain people who make it look so effortless in presenting the image of a healthy lifestyle? Let me tell you something, it really is not as difficult as it looks or as you imagine it to be. I have five tips for you to get you started with no problems whatsoever:
- Eat nutritious food: ideal are home cooked foods with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. For a quick way to increase your nutrient intake, make having a freshly pressed juice or a green smoothie a daily habit. For 2016, I have decided taken my nutrition a step further (yep, it’s not perfect, after all we are aiming for consistency, not perfection and our journey takes us with baby steps towards our goals: you can read more about it here) by making sure I have one green smoothie every day. Follow me on Facebook or Instagram for the low down with #366greensmoothies.
- Go to bed early: sufficient sleep alone can improve energy throughout the day tremendously preventing unhealthy cravings and that dreaded mid-afternoon dip. Just start by going to bed half an hour early and feel how much of a difference it makes.
- Move, exercise, walk: Instead of suffering in the gym, try different ways of exercising and find something that suits you and that you enjoy! It’s not supposed to be about punishing yourself or making it harder for you than necessary. Or how about getting off the bus or tram a stop earlier on your way to work to get you an extra 10 minutes of exercise per day?
- Take time for yourself: make sure to connect with yourself at least once per day. These can just be a few deep breaths whilst paying attention to how you feel and what caused you to feel the way you do at that present moment.
- Be playful: that’s right, let that inner child out daily even if it is just for a few moments whilst it explores simple things like the smell of a rose with the curiosity of someone who has the whole world to experience still!
I told you it was that easy… did I not? 😉 But you’ll find that these five simple things can make you feel like you are re-born! I’d love to hear how you get on… leave me a comment below on what