I was away last weekend at a lovely hen do organized by one of my yoga friends and walked away feeling completely relaxed, happy… and also super inspired. So much good, wholesome food made from scratch with many local ingredients. One of them was lemon polenta cake and I just needed to make it for myself at home. I fine-tuned it the health coach way a bit and added a few raspberries for extra zing… and voila! It’s to die for and as part of a healthy, balanced diet a lovely, occasional treat!
Lemon raspberry polenta cake
Dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free.
This is a lovely, light cake that is perfect for a summer picnic!
– 100 g coconut sugar
– 150 ml coconut oil, melted
– 3 eggs
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp vanilla essence
– Juice and rind of four organic, unwaxed lemons
– 175 g almonds, ground
– 100 g polenta, fine
– A hand full of frozen raspberries
- Grease a 20 cm round baking tin and pre-heat the oven at 180°C.
- Mix the coconut sugar and the coconut oil in a bowl until well combined. Add in the eggs, one by one, and mix well.
- Stir in the baking powder, vanilla essence, the almonds and the polenta and finally, the juice and rind of the lemons.
- Pour the cake mixture into the cake tin, spread it out evenly and add the raspberries across the cake.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a fork comes out clean.